Practicing for Cafe Challenge #2

I've decided that I'm going to enter an environmenta/candid shot for the contest. There are 2 reasons behind that decision.

1. Yves and GHO are so talented at studio portraits that I wouldn't have a chance in that genre.
2. I don't have a studio :?.

So I've been pointing my camera at children whenever they get in range. Here's some of my early attempts.

Not a lot of joy in this one...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Making a grab for the gold...

View attachment 5180

Remember how good it felt to catch a ride on dad's big shoulders?

View attachment 5181

I want a hat just like that, but there's no way I'll look as good in it.

View attachment 5182

Keeping in mind that "child" is a relative term, I thought this was a good representation of innocence and joy.

View attachment 5183

frank

Nice series,I like this kind of shhoting much more than studio sessions,it's to "plastic"for me,hope I don't offend anyone with that but it's my opinion

OK, I said that the new challenge was going to be a tough one for me, because I don't have any kids, and I'm not generally around them except on special occasions.

Yesterday Patrick came by the the Eagle nest site with his lovely family and said that I could take a few snaps. I don't plan to use his kids for my entry, but you never know if I'll get another opportunity. I couldn't find any cuter, that's for sure. 8)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lucky man!!

Thanks Patrick :!: :!:

Frank

Flew said:
Lucky man!!
He sure is, but I'd say, from the looks of things, that's they're all lucky to have each other.
It looks like a really happy family, and that takes a loving attitude from all parties.

Congratulations on trying something outside of your comfort zone, Frank. I'm proud of you :D.

PGB

UncleFrank,

I love the kid with the "go to hell hat" on. Those are some great shots.

Flew,

I really think you should enter that one. Ryan and Ben look so happy. Mom and Dad are too!

Thanks for posting that one. My wife wants a copy of it. :)

Cheers to all!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom