Practicing for Cafe Challenge #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I've decided that I'm going to enter an environmenta/candid shot for the contest. There are 2 reasons behind that decision.

1. Yves and GHO are so talented at studio portraits that I wouldn't have a chance in that genre.
    2. I don't have a studio :?.

So I've been pointing my camera at children whenever they get in range. Here's some of my early attempts.

Not a lot of joy in this one...

Making a grab for the gold...

View attachment 5180

Remember how good it felt to catch a ride on dad's big shoulders?

View attachment 5181

I want a hat just like that, but there's no way I'll look as good in it.

View attachment 5182

Keeping in mind that "child" is a relative term, I thought this was a good representation of innocence and joy.

View attachment 5183

2. Thanks for posting these Frank, it gives something for us to shoot at. My grand daughter will be here on Thursday and I will try to catch her in a playful mood.

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    frank

Nice series,I like this kind of shhoting much more than studio sessions,it's to "plastic"for me,hope I don't offend anyone with that but it's my opinion

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, I said that the new challenge was going to be a tough one for me, because I don't have any kids, and I'm not generally around them except on special occasions.

Yesterday Patrick came by the the Eagle nest site with his lovely family and said that I could take a few snaps. I don't plan to use his kids for my entry, but you never know if I'll get another opportunity. I couldn't find any cuter, that's for sure. 8)

[​IMG]

Lucky man!!

Thanks Patrick :!: :!:

Frank

5. He sure is, but I'd say, from the looks of things, that's they're all lucky to have each other.
    It looks like a really happy family, and that takes a loving attitude from all parties.

Congratulations on trying something outside of your comfort zone, Frank. I'm proud of you :D.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    UncleFrank,

I love the kid with the "go to hell hat" on. Those are some great shots.

Flew,

I really think you should enter that one. Ryan and Ben look so happy. Mom and Dad are too!

Thanks for posting that one. My wife wants a copy of it. :)

Cheers to all!

7. Cute family Patrick and nice image Frank. That is a fun photo and you have caught it at just the right time. Thanks for sharing.