Practicing hand-held night time shots

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cotdt, Jul 19, 2007.

1. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Nothing serious, just shooting my usual walk every night. I'm playing with my Sigma 30/1.4 and practicing steady hand-held shots:

Sigma 30/1.4 at f/2.5 ISO800 1/3 shutter:
    [​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's a stylin' Coco's Phil. That's hand held at a third? I'm impressed!

3. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    Nice. I have a Sigma 20mm 1.8 I use at night.

4. ya, Sigma has some great wide angle primes, I use the 24mm f1.8 for night shots (Mostly Party shots, So it gets a lot of use)

I think I sense some Unsharp mask in the first pic, 1/3rd is a little overkill though don't you think? Slowest I would try with that lens is 1/20th. Otherwise its just luck IMO. Though if you can do it and get usable shots (even 25% of the time) then i'm impressed!

5. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

not sharp. looks handheld at that shutter speed.

7. Cool, good job, I prefer art, and like the way the strong colours blend with the motion of your humanity. Cold robotic hands would make vision meaningless.