practicing panning

I was practicing in my front yard and came up with this. Fun for a Sunday afternoon.

Tom

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow good catch.

Take alot of time practicing doesn't it.

I know I can blow a hundred photos and maybe get a few sometimes. Thats the name of the game i guess.

Nice snatch. it's good practice especially with a long lens. if you look at the door seam you can see a bit of front to back motion remaining. but hey, still a good shot and great pan.

thx all

Greg Giesing said:
Nice snatch. it's good practice especially with a long lens. if you look at the door seam you can see a bit of front to back motion remaining. but hey, still a good shot and great pan.
You're right, Greg. It wasn't a perfect catch, but it was fun learning to set the shutter speed about right to freeze the car and blur the back and foreground. I also just liked the effect, catching the car between the hill in my yard and the colorful trees in the next.

thanks, all for your comments.

Tom

Real Name
Chris
Looks great Tom! Perfect or not, you've really isolated the car against the background - and it's got a perfect feeling of motion.

I was looking at the door seam though, and the line around the gas cap, and they show some motion, but the front of the door, and the fender seam behind the headlight are perfectly still. Now I'm trying to model what conditions might have caused that, and I;m gonna guess the car was turning?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom