prairie gold/yellow.. revised version

out today to try and catch the canola (rapeseed) in bloom with the mountains in the background but the mountain weather wouldn't cooperate...had to settle for a big sky instead. :biggrin:
My first pano and it's a bit raggedy on the upper right edge.
C and C welcome.

342925344_a44dh-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely shot Barb. I love the boldness of the yellow contrasting with the blue sky. My only very, very small nit is the position of the horizon. Try a crop where about the bottom 1/6 of the foreground is left out. It might be better proportioned. Thank you for sharing your image. It is beautiful.

God Bless,
David

Try a crop where about the bottom 1/6 of the foreground is left out. It might be better proportioned.

I think David's right, Barb. In addition, his suggested crop alters the aspect ratio such as to emphasize the horizontal expanse of the area.

I've seen canola fields in bloom only once, but the image has stuck in my mind for many years. Thanks for re-enforcing that image:smile:

Lovely shot Barb. I love the boldness of the yellow contrasting with the blue sky. My only very, very small nit is the position of the horizon. Try a crop where about the bottom 1/6 of the foreground is left out. It might be better proportioned. Thank you for sharing your image. It is beautiful.
God Bless,
David
Thanks David...along with Autumn this is one of my favorite times of the year for colour.
I totally agree with you...rule of thirds. I struggled with the shot once it was stitched together and thought that I should cut more off of the bottom. The plants are quite around 45 inches and I am only a little less than 5 feet . .. I wanted to get the plants in focus plus get the big sky ...several of my other attempts have a perspective problem.

I think David's right, Barb. In addition, his suggested crop alters the aspect ratio such as to emphasize the horizontal expanse of the area.

I've seen canola fields in bloom only once, but the image has stuck in my mind for many years. Thanks for re-enforcing that image:smile:

Thanks Bob I am going to try tonight and post the "fix". Canola is a big crop here,from the air it must be a dazzling quilt of greens and yellows right now.
Barb

Very pretty scene, Barb. That's quite a sky, and the color combination is great. I agree with David's crop suggestion, and you could also crop the ragged corners out at the same time.

Thanks to David, Bob and Dave...Here is the cropped version. I think it looks a lot better.
Thanks for the comments...can only help me that is for sure.
Barb

343292407_7BeTg-L.jpg

Canola for Bob

That's a lotta canola oil:biggrin::cool:. [If you get the chance, show us a close-up of the canola flower too.]

It was a bit breezy this AM but tried for a closeup. The flowers are small...a bit smaller that a dime across

343720600_kZ7qw-L.jpg

Barb

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom