Prairie wildflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by catalyst, May 20, 2007.

1. I went out onto the Konza Prairie this afternoon to see what was blooming; given the presence of our typical 25 mph south winds, must . . . be . . . patient . . . - LOL.

Here are a handful, and if I have ID'd them incorrectly, I'd appreciate knowing.

All were taken with the D70 and Tamron 90 mm f/2.8 macro, handheld.

Thanks,

Eric

Prairie wild rose:

79099588.original.

Fleabane:

79099579.original.

Beardtongue:

View attachment 96579

Prairie ragwort:

View attachment 96580

2. I like these. The composition of the Fleabane is especially nice to me.

I think it would be interesting to see a closer crop of the ragwort petals.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    wow.. everyone is posting great stuff around here.. guess I will have to be at my best .. these are really nice..#2 Rocks.... last one could be cropped.. but all in all great job..

5. Great work, Eric. All are very sharp and well focused.

And my wife, who is considered a bit of a wildflower authority around here, confirms all of your IDs :smile:.