1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Praying mants on the hunt...sequence

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vincent T, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Wow, now that's cool. Nice capture.

2. Vince.....
    AWESOME series
    wow
    love these

3. Wow, I'm amazed!
    I wonder if this is where all the bees are going?

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    nice series man, i would love to be able to find one of those around here to shoot

5. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Wow, what a beautiful insect he is and so alien-looking!

6. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    WOW, talking about PREYING!!! The 1st one should be framed!!!

7. MRIMATT63

MRIMATT63

Jan 27, 2008
    Allen, TX
    Awesome series !

Matt.

8. Crave

Crave Guest

Excelent serie!!!!!!

9. Excellent series, very well done, makes you wonder if bees are blind:smile:

10. Excellent catch here Vincent!

11. Nice shots...........did anyone else notice the yellow-jacket in flight in the 3rd pic?

12. Great series Vincent!

13. These pictures are amazing...and the yellow-jacket in flight made me think "FRED! Watch out....the MANTIS!" haha

14. jstegman

jstegman

Aug 30, 2008
    Kansas
    I love the second picture. You can see the intense focus of the mantis in the eyes, the antennas, the posturing. There are those pictures that need sequence to tell a story, then there are pictures that tell the story by themselves and that is number 2. The yellow jacket coming in for what looks like an aerial attack in picture 3 is great!

I want to get into macro so badly, but still taking my time learning the basics. I know what I like, but there is tons to learn from macro lens's, extension tubes, diopters, etc. Pictures like these keep me inspired for sure. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  15. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    wow that's bad ***!

16. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    MUNCH! It's amazing that the bee didn't get away. They are usually so fast but it looks like the praying mantis was faster this time. Nice series!

17. How cool is that? What an amazing job you did capturing these!

18. btbD3

btbD3

Jun 17, 2008
    Iowa
    wow, great shots

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.