Preaching and Mediatation...GBH

I'm not sure if this guy is having a religious experience or merely soaking up the sun! He stayed like this for darn near a half an hour.

Interestingly, this is also the nest that the great horned owls occupied and they've just fledged / abandoned it...maybe he's happy!

Anyway...nothing artsy and the composition is totally lacking....but I though that his behavior was interesting nonetheless :)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gale

Hi gale...

I think that they are renting themselves out as receivers....looking for intelligent life out in the solar system :)

Jim, the only factor that would have helped these images would have been some big, puffy cumulus clouds in the backgound. The heron did a fine job posing for you and you did a great job capturing him. Outstanding work......

H

Harrie Gerrits

Very interesting pose this bird is striking.

Looks like he / she is campaigning and is trying to convince the audience.

Thanks for posting.

Russ

Hi Russ...

No egs in this nest as it was previously inahbited by a great horned owl family which had recently vacated.

Jim,

You mean there is intelligent life somewhere :>)) lololol

The head up like that is seen during the mating season....

At st. Augustine Rookery they were doing the head up thing alot.. Many of the species.

Heck, I am just guessing. I don't know what the heck they are doing lololol

Wow what a strange pose. I have been watching the GBH's at a local rookery here in the Seattle area. The little ones have not fledged yet but are getting ready to any day now. I have never seen one pose quite like this before. Maybe they pose differently here on the west coast. Great shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom