Preakness Balloon Fest (MD)

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Jaws, May 13, 2007.

1. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    PREAKNESS BALLOON FEST

Turf Valley Resort, 2700 Turf Valley Rd., Ellicott City, MD, will present the Preakness Balloon Fest on May 16 at 5:30 p.m. This event will light the skies over Turf Valley and feature 14 hot-air balloons. Activities will include tethered hot-air balloon rides, a closeup tour of the hot-air balloons and pilot demonstrations. Children's activities will include crafts and competitions. Delicious food and drinks will be available. Admission is free. Information: 410-465-1500.

2. Wow, now THAT sounds like a place to be with a camera! :smile: Do they do this every year?

3. Ooohh!! Thanks for the reminder, Stan!! I almost forgot about it. Think I will go with my camera + 70-200 VR lens.

BostonRott...yes, it's an annual event, weather permitting. This hot air balloon event is part of a week long festivities related to the Preakness horse race which happens this Saturday. Wish I could go watch the Preakness but it's very expensive to get in on that day. Any other day would have been fine, I think. I've been there once on a non-Preakness week.

Hope the weather is good Weds night for this hot air balloon thing!

Laura

4. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    I'm planning on going so hopefully I'll get to meet you there.

5. Stan...I just checked the weather forecase on NOAA..calling for thunderstorms Weds night and Thurs morning.chance of showers (for the 6:30am hot air balloon launch):Depressed

That would be a bummer!! The hot air balloon event never seems to take off as planned just about every year.

6. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD