Prefered Camera Brand in War Zone?

IMG_0446GotNikon-smaller.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The only Canon was the P&S this was taken with.

:wink:

This one is me taken by a friend with his D200

B+Palace+12+July+08+_91_.jpg

This may have been the shot I was getting ready to line up taken with the D3

_KD31211Believers+Palace.jpg

Hi Kurt,

interesting pics. Would you mind commenting on them and your choice of and experience with this gear?

Thanks.

Hi Kurt,

interesting pics. Would you mind commenting on them and your choice of and experience with this gear?

Thanks.

I came over with d3, d2x, 70-200mm, 24-70mm, 85mm 1.4, and 50mm 1.4 expecting that I did not want more than would fit in my backpack. The shot I took inside the destroyed palace with the D3 needed a wider angle lens, not that I own one anymore but I really could have used something around 18mm.

The conditions here are dusty. Some might call it sandy, however it is a very fine sand that I consider to be more like dust and it gets into everything. Luckily the D3 was damaged (it was knocked over and landed on the hotshoe mount that got bent) so needs to go to Nikon USA anyway so will get it cleaned. Honestly though considering the conditions it has held up quite well, I have not cleaned the sensor and only notice dust spots here and there which I am confident are on the front lens element when they show up.

It is extremely hot here. I have had no issues even though the lens/body of the cameras have been extremely hot to the touch. It would be interesting to have a stick on themometer on the 70-200 and on the body during a 2 hour or so jaunt in the sunlight to see what temps they reach. I have Extreme III (old) cards along with RiData cards of which no problems occurred.

I do wish I had a longer lens and a shorter lens with me. Other than that, no issues at all.

With a longer lens this could have filled more of the frame instead 75% of the frame has been cropped away.

_KJS5935zoo.jpg

Good Point...but that is what not shaving or getting a hair cut in 5 months will do to you
14July08zoo+_89_kurt-2-smaller.jpg

D

dsokol

it'd be nice to have all those great bodies, good thing there sealed well, you'll need it with all the dust.

What brand/model are the 2 tripods and monopod laying on the floor with the bodies? Thanks.

What brand/model are the 2 tripods and monopod laying on the floor with the bodies? Thanks.

I do know that every tripod/mono was a Bogen.

The monopod lying across the frame is Dougs and I have the same one at home...love it. That is the 685B and an upgrade from a previous model...I love the grip control for raising/lowering.

Mine is the tripod center frame and I would have to actually read the numbers off the head/legs been awhile since I bought them, they may not even be available anymore.

I know the cameras were my D3 and D2x, a D200, a D2xs and lenses were all sorts

Latest threads

Top Bottom