Presentation books?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glacier, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas or uses a product they are happy with? I know most of us print some images to show to friends/family/coworkers etc. I would like something that is a little more professional looking than what I use now. Any good products out there that you use or know of?

2. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Andy, Have used Blurb several times myself with good results, I think mpix is getting into books as well, use them for prints...great stuff. - Jeff

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thanks guys. Looks like a good product.

What I actually mean't was a book for those of us who print our own photos. Sorry about that. :redface:

5. Hi Andy,

You might want to look again, I don't think you print 160 8x10 images bound in a book for $40, (OK maybe closer to $50 with shipping).

Bob

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Andy!

My favorite are Itoya presentation books. I have a couple that are more than 4 years old and they look good as new. I usually either put the print in the pockets by themselves, or mounted on a backing board that has been trimmed to slide in and out of the pocket easily, so the individual prints can be pulled out to better see them. Hard core editors and critics will want to do that.

For showing a large group, where I would prefer that the photos not be taken out of a clear plastic protector, I use a large, 'many-ring' binder, and plastic sticky photo-corners to hold the pictures in place on thick paper or thin board. That way, the bulk of the piece causes them to be more careful in handling it. The plastic on those however tends to get ratty looking much sooner. I use the binders over and over, but replace the pages to keep the black clean and unfaded, and the plastic clean and unscratched. I don't know the manufacturer, as thy don't mark it on the stuff at all. I'll have to look next time I go to an art store.

I've also tried a fancy flip book, but it broke.

7. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thank you Chris!