Presenting images to your models...

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by frede, Mar 27, 2007.

1. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I have my first TFCD model shoot this weekend. How do you normally present the images to your models? Is there an appropriate size/resolution? Any advice would be much appreciated.
  2. I give them a CD with full resolution jpegs saved at the maximum setting and a web-size version at 800 pixels on the longest dimension.

Do you have a model release? If not you need one. PM me and I'll send you mine.
  3. jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I upload full res JPGs to my SmugMug site and leave the Gallery unprotected for a week to allow time for the model to download images if he/she wants. I provide a CD with the same images on request. I typically provide 20-30 images per shoot.
  4. I present them with two 8x10 professionally done prints of their choice. I negotiate this up front with the model.
  5. That would be a Time For Prints arrangement, Fred's doing a Time For CD shoot.

TFP used to be the most popular way by far to exchange talents but within the past year TFCD has become very popular. I think that's because it's easier for the photographer and the model is much more likely to get her stuff, and get it faster.

A win-win situation in my book.
  6. davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    I provide them with a CD (or DVD if needed) 3 sometimes 4 directories.

1. Full size and resolution JPegs
    2. Resized JPegs 150 DPI and 10 inches on the long side
    3. TIFF compress
    4. And sometimes CMYK convered file
  7. Ah so, I had no idea what TFCD stood for until this explanation. Thanks.
  8. Do you need any help with the shoot??? Maybe a 3rd AB? :biggrin: This is a good thread, I could use this too, IF one of the models I actually talk to ever confirms and keep a darn appointment....
  9. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks for the info Woody. You were nice enough to send me your model release a few months back, so I am ready to rock there. :smile:

Thanks John - excellent idea!

Thanks for your help David.

Thanks Gordon - sorry I should have been more descriptive in my post.

Thanks for the offer Keith, but I want to see how handle it. Besides you will bring that darn beast thing - and my camera is going want one if it sees yours. $$$$$$$$$$$$

It took me 3 months to pull together 2 models, a Hair/MUA artist, and a place to shoot them. More work than I ever thought it would be.
  10. Hell with all of those things in place, I'd bring the Beast, the 70-200VR, and anything else I have that you'd wish to use!! :biggrin: With the right amount of convincing, I might even bring refreshments!!! LMAO

I can't wait to see your photos from the shoot!!!