Presenting images to your models...

I have my first TFCD model shoot this weekend. How do you normally present the images to your models? Is there an appropriate size/resolution? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I upload full res JPGs to my SmugMug site and leave the Gallery unprotected for a week to allow time for the model to download images if he/she wants. I provide a CD with the same images on request. I typically provide 20-30 images per shoot.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I present them with two 8x10 professionally done prints of their choice.

That would be a Time For Prints arrangement, Fred's doing a Time For CD shoot.

TFP used to be the most popular way by far to exchange talents but within the past year TFCD has become very popular. I think that's because it's easier for the photographer and the model is much more likely to get her stuff, and get it faster.

A win-win situation in my book.

Real Name
David
I provide them with a CD (or DVD if needed) 3 sometimes 4 directories.

1. Full size and resolution JPegs
  2. Resized JPegs 150 DPI and 10 inches on the long side
  3. TIFF compress
  4. And sometimes CMYK convered file

That would be a Time For Prints arrangement, Fred's doing a Time For CD shoot.

TFP used to be the most popular way by far to exchange talents but within the past year TFCD has become very popular. I think that's because it's easier for the photographer and the model is much more likely to get her stuff, and get it faster.

A win-win situation in my book.

Ah so, I had no idea what TFCD stood for until this explanation. Thanks.

Do you need any help with the shoot??? Maybe a 3rd AB? :biggrin: This is a good thread, I could use this too, IF one of the models I actually talk to ever confirms and keep a darn appointment....

I give them a CD with full resolution jpegs saved at the maximum setting and a web-size version at 800 pixels on the longest dimension.

Do you have a model release? If not you need one. PM me and I'll send you mine.

Thanks for the info Woody. You were nice enough to send me your model release a few months back, so I am ready to rock there. :smile:

I upload full res JPGs to my SmugMug site and leave the Gallery unprotected for a week to allow time for the model to download images if he/she wants. I provide a CD with the same images on request. I typically provide 20-30 images per shoot.

Thanks John - excellent idea!

I provide them with a CD (or DVD if needed) 3 sometimes 4 directories.

1. Full size and resolution JPegs
  2. Resized JPegs 150 DPI and 10 inches on the long side
  3. TIFF compress
  4. And sometimes CMYK convered file

Thanks for your help David.

Ah so, I had no idea what TFCD stood for until this explanation. Thanks.

Thanks Gordon - sorry I should have been more descriptive in my post.

Do you need any help with the shoot??? Maybe a 3rd AB? :biggrin: This is a good thread, I could use this too, IF one of the models I actually talk to ever confirms and keep a darn appointment....

Thanks for the offer Keith, but I want to see how handle it. Besides you will bring that darn beast thing - and my camera is going want one if it sees yours. $$$$$$$$$$$$

It took me 3 months to pull together 2 models, a Hair/MUA artist, and a place to shoot them. More work than I ever thought it would be.

Thanks for the offer Keith, but I want to see how handle it. Besides you will bring that darn beast thing - and my camera is going want one if it sees yours. $$$$$$$$$$$$

It took me 3 months to pull together 2 models, a Hair/MUA artist, and a place to shoot them. More work than I ever thought it would be.

Hell with all of those things in place, I'd bring the Beast, the 70-200VR, and anything else I have that you'd wish to use!! :biggrin: With the right amount of convincing, I might even bring refreshments!!! LMAO

I can't wait to see your photos from the shoot!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom