Presidental grandis

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Hello!

Well, I think this could be called a Presidental grandis. We´re checking couple of tiny ponds front of the gates of Presidental residence if we could find some Aeshna cyanea there. We saw one but he was priefly inspecting another one of the ponds and then disappeared.

Then I noticed a male Aeshna grandis perching on a pine trunk

He was so calm
    View attachment 258298

I was able to use Sigma 150mm and go very close (My friend used a Nikkor 60mm, so he was even closer)
    View attachment 258299

View attachment 258300

Here´s his engine

This is pretty much closest I can get with the Sigma

View attachment 258303

View attachment 258304

Yesterday also showed that season is to be patted as we say here, or Elvis soon left the building, meaning season is over soon. Although there are still some of these out there I unfortenately have calender full for the following two weeks with only one possible day to go out to shoot. So, I hope weather will be fine then. Otherwise this will be the last one from this season...
    View attachment 258305

All shots taken with Sigma 150mm

Thanks for looking!!! :smile:

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Marvelous shots Jukka. Great detail and light. I can't believe he let you take all those pictures. Hypnotized maybe.

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Outstanding!

4. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    A great way to finish the season Jukka but I hope you get at least one more viewing!

5. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    What a beautiful specimen. The detail on his back where the wings attach is amazing. I hope you get good weather on your day off.

6. Jukka, it makes me sad that the season in over. These are awesome shots of course... What do you shoot in the off-season?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.