Pretec USB3.0 card reader

Hello, Just did a quick test on the Pretec USB 3.0 multi-card reader. Used a 600x speed compact flash card to transfer 1.25 GB of data using Nikon Transfer. Time was 21 seconds. Just info if you are interested.

Dis you check the actual throughput numbers? I'd be curious to see how that breaks down into mb/s. Via my new eSATA card, I can transfer data between drives at around 65mb/s, but I haven't got anything faster than a usb2 reader at the moment. It's pegged at about 27mb/s, but that's partly due to the older cards I'm using. I have no ideas what the top end would be, but I suspect 27 is probably really close. I'm looking at an eSATA card reader at the moment since I won't likely be upgradim to a USB 3 card until my next build. I'll have the eSATA card for a long time to come...

Dis you check the actual throughput numbers? I'd be curious to see how that breaks down into mb/s. Via my new eSATA card, I can transfer data between drives at around 65mb/s, but I haven't got anything faster than a usb2 reader at the moment. It's pegged at about 27mb/s, but that's partly due to the older cards I'm using. I have no ideas what the top end would be, but I suspect 27 is probably really close. I'm looking at an eSATA card reader at the moment since I won't likely be upgradim to a USB 3 card until my next build. I'll have the eSATA card for a long time to come...

Hello, I am not that tech so I am not sure what throughput numbers are. I think the transfer is about 62 mb/s. Tried usb 2 and it took 45 seconds which is I think about 28mb/s. The USB 3.0 is from a port on the back of the motherboard. I looked at an eSata reader but the USB 3.0 was more versital because of the 2.0 compatiblity.

Thanks Dennis. Looks comparable to eSATA in that sort of use. Speeds are slowly climbing up there! Looks like I'll go ahead and pick up that eSATA reader since I've already got the card. Thanks again!

Thanks Dennis. Looks comparable to eSATA in that sort of use. Speeds are slowly climbing up there! Looks like I'll go ahead and pick up that eSATA reader since I've already got the card. Thanks again!

If I didn't have the USB 3.0 on the motherboard I would have gone with eSATA. The USB 3 is 3 times faster on my computer than the USB 2.0 Good luck with the eSATA reader.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom