Pretty Colors

A butterfly and a rose really load the color sensors. What do you think?

Butterfly:

46027513.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rose:

46027536.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very beautiful Gordon.

Good job.

Butterflys are not easy to find setting still. That is a pretty one.

Hi Gordon,

I like the purple top half and green bottom half backdrop for the butterfly, very effective. The dark backdrop makes the rose pop too.

Both with very pretty and saturated colours indeed. Well done!

Regards,
Jonathan

Boy, I'll say they loaded the sensors!

Great colors Gordon. Love the contrasting colors of the butterfly & the flower. The rose blossom is spectacular, with all it's delicate layers & subtle shadings. If it were me, I would'a been very tempted to do a little pruning of that dead blossom.

Thanks all for your kind comments. Steve, I was tempted to prune the dead blossom on the rose but then felt that it added to the image that I was after. It was the contrast that caught my eye. Right or wrong the dead blossom sort of led my eye to the beauty and life of the live one. I think my daughter, who is a photographer, has influenced me to see things differently to avoid cliches. :D

greyflash said:
I was tempted to prune the dead blossom on the rose but then felt that it added to the image that I was after. It was the contrast that caught my eye. Right or wrong the dead blossom sort of led my eye to the beauty and life of the live one.

I agree Gordon. We don't live in a perfect world, and without the contrast it is harder to appreciate the fine things in life and nature. It is only natural that one would like to capture the perfection, but it is worthwhile as you said to also include the less-than-perfect sometimes. Often I find that I have to make this conscious decision when composing a shot, which adds to the whole experience of photography I think.

Just my 2 cents worth, didn't mean to digress...

Regards,
Jonathan

Thanks a bunch Jonathan, Jeff and Cindy. I appreciate your comments. The butterfly was in the backyard and let me get within a couple of feet with my 105mm macro lens.

Gordon -

Two excellent captures. I'm especially impressed that you got that close to the butterfly (Tiger Swallowtail?) without spooking it!

Very nice colors, indeed. Did you bump the saturation any in post processing, or were these straight out as shot?

Gordon,

You posted some close-up / macro shots!! Outstanding!! And the images are exemplary (not that I would expect anything else....;-)). Great color, very sharp (without being overly so), and excellent composition.

Let's see more. :lol:

Thanks Alex, Vinh, David and Frank. David, it was fairly early in the morning and still cool. I actually had to run back into the house and grab my camera and 105mm macro lens. I was very surprised that he was still there and let me get with a couple of feet and snap off two images.

Frank, will wonders never cease, I have actually dusted off my 105mm and took a couple of images. Who knows I might grow to like this.

greyflash said:
Frank, will wonders never cease, I have actually dusted off my 105mm and took a couple of images. Who knows I might grow to like this.

Gordon, LOL.... :lol:

I sure hope that you do. You are quite good at it, and you have to admit, it is about the most relaxing type of shooting that you can do.

Latest threads

Top Bottom