Pretty girl on slide (OK, boy too)

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Aug 12, 2005.

1. While doing a paid job at Clear Creek Ranch in Utah I noticed some kids having fun on a slick piece of plastic laid on a hill. I snapped a couple of images. I have no idea who these kids are. Comments welcome.

Girl on slide:

Boy on slide:

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Fun shots, Gordon! What lens did you use for these?

3. These were shot with the 70-200mm VR lens. This is a kick butt lens for sure.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are really having fun.

Very nicely captured. Great images..

Oh when I was young, joined the kids in that activity..

It really is alot of fun ....

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like a fun way to beat the heat! Great shots, Gordon!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Now that looks like fun to me. Nice captures, Gordon. Would have been nice if there was a bit more water flying around for you to capture.

7. Thanks Gale, Leigh, and Frank for you nice comments. It was a hot day and the kids were making the best of it.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice capture, Gordon! Too bad it wasn't taken a couple of weeks ago -- would have been a great entry in the "summer" contest. Looks like a wonderful way to have fun while staying cool!

9. Well, it is pushing 100 degrees here right now but I'm sure that had nothing to do with my thinking these are nice captures of "cool" moments Gordon.

10. Haha you have good luck with shooting candid shots here. Nice shots!

11. Thanks Don, Thos, and Vince. As hot as it has been here in this area the kids are looking for anything they can to stay cool. Of course there is always air conditioning.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Those are some great impromptu captures, Gordon!

Cute girl too! :wink:

13. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Love these shots! But...why does the water look so milky/soapy? (or maybe it's just me)

14. I love those....perfect summertime shots!

15. I can see that you have never made a slide on the grass. :D The way you make it slippery is to use some soapy water to mix with fresh water to make the slide really slippery. So your eyes are perfect, the water is soapy. :shock:

16. Nice shots....look like they had a good time!! :D :D :D

17. They were having lot's of fun and if I knew who they were I would give them a print. It was a Jewish Youth Group but I didn't know any of them.