prevailing price 500P

I am looking at a used 500mm P f/4 lens that has some very light scuff/wear marks but pristine glass and neither theseller or I have a value established. Can anyone provide info that would provide a fair basis for both parties?
Dave
The seller is a respected friend of mine.

A friend active on the Cafe sold hers for $1800 about 1 year ago. It was probably in Like New Minus condition. She paid about the same when she bought it (used, too).

Dave:
My brother bought one a year ago on ebay for about $2200. Got a 1.4 TC with it as well, both in good condition. I just checked ebay and they've sold recently for between $1700 and $2700 depending on condition. Good lens for birds. My brother gets frustrated with lack of af at times but hasn't jumped ship. You might want to consider af-i if you can handle the weight. I bought a 400/2.8/af-i for less than half the cost of an af-s II and it does a great job. KEH has two of these 400's now but the 5/600 af-i's are a rarity.
Best of luck.
Dave

Thanks Dave. I recently sold a 500 AFS-I because it was my most expensive glass producing the least of my work. Just looking for a 500 to have when I must have (large mammals etc) without parking a ton of cash.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom