1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Price drops on D500 ($1796)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by rick_reno, Oct 27, 2016.

1. That is very odd
    I thought 2k was ok

2. I thought about it and ordered one. Anyone know, would this card work in it?
    SanDisk 64GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I
    I've seen a lot of posts about card issues and don't want to get the wrong card.

3. Of course they had to do this, after I picked one up in the summer and managed to shoot with it once so far (too much other stuff going on at the moment...)...

I'm really surprised to see the price drop so early!

Mike

4. I was surprised too that the price dropped until I found out the reason. ;) 

5. And

6. If someone knows the reason for brief price drop, I'd like to know. I've read elsewhere Nikon wants to show a strong quarter of sales.

7. I still like my shootin' buddy's score, a $1499 Import...shipped. :eek: 

8. absolutic

absolutic

Apr 26, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I am also shooting my $1499 import. But this price drop to $1799 means the import price will be adjusting too... perhaps to $1299?

9. By the time I got to looking at the $1499 ones, they'd gone up in price to something around $1650.

10. $1500 or under and I'm back to shooting Nikon. I thought for sure the import prices would have dropped.

Wasn't the $1800 sale only to last until 10/30? Maybe it's for good and we will see lower import prices/

11. absolutic

absolutic

Apr 26, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Well I just checked on amazon and it is still $1796. 10/31/16. I bet the import prices will adjust as well.

12. Price is still $1796 at Adorama and B&H too.

13. They have done this before. I bought a D600 at launch and two weeks later they dropped the price by over £200. It then fell by a whole lot more when the dust/oil splatter problem became known. I wait now.

14. Yup, and Amazon will overnight it for $7.99 (Prime members) and give 5% cash back :D 

15. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I got mine when they first came out and paid the full price. I'm not sorry I did as I've gotten more than a couple of hundred dollars worth of great shots out of it that I wouldn't have gotten with a D300 (or D7200), D5 or D810. Put another way, the shots I've gotten this summer are worth the extra couple of hundred $$.

16. Oh, me neither. My serial #'s 101 :eek:  Paid mine off on 2 rodeos and a sportrait session. Gravy now for the migratories, but helping people save $$ never gets old. ;) 

17. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    Unfortunately in the UK the D500 price has been roughly constant for over six months, in fact at some shops it has gone up. I bought my D600 at a bargain price due to the oil scare. I don't regret paying full whack for a D500, i t is very good indeed.

18. I'm thinking I want one - I love my D700 but do miss that DX format

19. richardmills

richardmills

Jun 14, 2016
    i snapped mine up when the price dropped on amazon in the uk to £1558 a few weeks after launch. The price then went straight back up and hasn't dipped below that point since. Its strange how the price fluctuations are different in each country. The reported grey market prices on nikon rumours etc dont appear over here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.