Price for Exclusive Use of Photo, or Photo in Ads/Publication?

Hello everyone, I've been contacted from a renewable energy company that manufactures large wind turbines. One of the executives saw a photo I took that had their turbines in the distance.

I haven't replied back yet as I have not really sold any photos before, except to family and friends.

I am wondering what I should charge for both exclusive use and non exclusive use. I really have no idea and thought I should ask the experts to help.

Here is the photo in question. There was strange light that day with very dark skies on 3 sides.

20-May-2013-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Andrew, meanwhile you need to ask them specifically what sort of use they really need. Is it for an advertisement, that will run for a a couple months? If so, would advertising be local or national? Do they want to use it as a company logo, or otherwise something to advertise the company for years into the future? There lies the standard versus exclusive licensing decision. Either are worth a good amount of money, so you need to be prepared (fotoQuote, or some other reliable pricing guide).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom