1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Price of yesteryear's gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desmond, Apr 10, 2019.

1. I've seen a few D700's selling for around $500. The other day one with 120 000 clicks sold for $280 locally. Today I saw this ad, basically US$520 for two D3 bodies. And I don't even want to buy them because my D7200's have dust reduction :D 
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 5.28.17 PM.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Ok, he added pictures, dropped the price to US$450 and threw in a D1 and D1X so I bought them :) 
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.09.38 PM.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  3. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Congrats Desmond.
    Hopefully you use them to take pictures...

Kind regards
    Klaus

4. Thanks Klaus, I will most likely try the low shutter count D3 and sell the rest - if they don't sell you probably know what will happen to them :D 

5. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Oh - no!
    Desmond I'm the owner of a care giving home for old ... cameras.

I'll promise you, I would take the D1 and the D1X.

Regards
    Klaus

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is the sad truth about old DSLR's - they tend to go to pasture quickly. These cameras recorded great images at the time and still will continue to do so. If you noticed my sig, you see I have no qualms about buying older gear and nobody has ever found shortcoming in my work because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haha, last time I sold a D700 was for $2000 USD! I could of bought a Z6 at those prices! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeep Captain

Jeep Captain

Jan 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I sold my low mileage, never professionaly used D700 with a Nikon battery grip a few yrs ago. I was amazed that it would only command around $750 on the used market.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's a happy truth for those of us who are quite satisfied with yesterday's gear while everyone dumps it to get the 'latest and greatest'. :) 

10. Bingo! My D3s was $800, and D7200 $550. And both work perfectly! :) 

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have a D3 with ~35k clicks on it. You'll love that camera Desmond. Built like a tank and makes beautiful images. Congrats on a great deal (y).

• Like Like x 1
  12. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Steal of a Deal (y)

• Like Like x 1
  13. D.RicPhoto

D.RicPhoto

Mar 28, 2009
    IL
    Many of the " old outdated cameras" will satisfy most photographers today. My favorite the D700 that I passed on to my son-in-law still creates great images.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.