Priest stops ceremony to ask photographers to leave - Video

It appears that he was trying to film video, and he was right behind the priest. Clearly, he wasn't ok with it. Hahahaha!

Just because he is paid, doesn't mean he can't be a jerk does it?

( that is "he" in the generic sense of course :wink: )
No of course not :biggrin: I cant watch the vid at work. Just wondering if the paid tog was asked to leave how the couple took it and if that would constitue a discount due to missed shots... Gets kinda complicated at that point.

LOL @ the groom's face

Although I can understand..
if I was the wedding guy and there's a photog firing nonstop up in my grill, Id boot him off too.

Years ago, Still Photographers working on movie sets were required to use sound-proof cases called blimps to house their cameras so their noise was not picked up by the sound mikes. I assume that today, many Digital cameras have quiet modes that would serve the same function.
Regardless, the problem might have been avoided if the Priest had been consulted before the wedding to find out if certain parts of the ceremony weren't to be filmed.
Last time I did a wedding, I did just that and only shot when it was allowed. If nothing else, checking before-hand shows respect for the clergy, the Church and the ceremony itself, and will usually get you an ally in the clergy.

Years ago, Still Photographers working on movie sets were required to use sound-proof cases called blimps to house their cameras so their noise was not picked up by the sound mikes. I assume that today, many Digital cameras have quiet modes that would serve the same function.
Regardless, the problem might have been avoided if the Priest had been consulted before the wedding to find out if certain parts of the ceremony weren't to be filmed.
Last time I did a wedding, I did just that and only shot when it was allowed. If nothing else, checking before-hand shows respect for the clergy, the Church and the ceremony itself, and will usually get you an ally in the clergy.
Ahmen. Many Roman Catholic Churches will not permit

At this type of occasion when we have had a pro photographer we have asked permission and found out the ground rules. Some clergy have allowed and some have not.

You can crop photos
You can cut videos
What we saw might not have been the entire story. I counted a wedding party of at least eight, I might be quick to judge but I always think "showcase wedding" in those cases. Who knows what else had been going on that drove the priest to that behavior?

Respect for the priest ? Just cos he's a priest, it doesnt give him a free pass to behave obnoxiously, which is exactly how he behaved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respect for the priest ? Just cos he's a priest, it doesnt give him a free pass to behave obnoxiously, which is exactly how he behaved.
Agree 100%.

He is abusing his powers in that situation, knowing that replacing him in short notice won't happen. Looks like a bully to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom