Prime Lens List

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mdruiz, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Is there a thread or a website that list what is considered Nikon Prime Lenses?:confused: 

2. In lens parlance, "prime" simply means fixed focal length (e.g. 50mm) rather than zoom (e.g. 18-55 mm). You can probably get a list of currently available Nikkor primes from the NikonUSA web site.

3. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you...that why Im a noob.

4. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Don't sweat it. I hear that even Thom Hogan was a noob at some point. :wink: :biggrin:
    Most here have a more nurturing approach to beginners than at other sites.

Besides, I've been here long enough to see noobs evolve into the experts on this board in little time.

5. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Hey Mike, Do a search On "Nikkor AIS" and many cool site's will be a click away. It's cool your looking into prime's. Check out www.keh.com. They have a nice collection of used Niikor primes for sale. If your just getting started on the prime road , I would suggest a basic Nikkor 35 F2 AIS, Nikkor 50 1.8AIS and 105 2.5 AIS to get into the game. If your savy you could pick up nice sample's of all three for under $3oo. All three of these len's are killer IQ and a pleasure to use.

Gregory

6. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Hey Mike, but be forewarned that once you go primes it is difficult to go back to zooms.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.