Critique Prince Edward Island

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Just a couple of landscapes....

#1 Golden fields....stunning! And the lupines were in so many colors I haven't seen elsewhere!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Thunder Cove
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the first picture. Sharp from front and back .... it's nice!
Concerning the second picture ... I'm not a people person, as in, the less people in a picture, the better. But here it works very good to show how big the rock actually is. :)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I like the first picture. Sharp from front and back .... it's nice!
Concerning the second picture ... I'm not a people person, as in, the less people in a picture, the better. But here it works very good to show how big the rock actually is. :)
I like them both. I think adding a person for scale can work in some pictures but I would have preferred to have the person stand at a different place. Perhaps in the background somewhere.
Both great shots Karen. That second shot, in my opinion, is enhanced by having a person in the frame.
I like them both
Nice pair of shots. Those yellow canola fields sure do pop!
Either a short person or a big rock in #2 :D
Thanks, everyone!

As we drove around PEI, there were these beautiful yellow fields! I finally stopped along a rural road to capture this scene. The mosquitos/no see 'ums were horrible!!!! I tolerated a LOT of bites to get this shot! LOL!

At Thunder Cove, I patiently waited for this young woman to leave the scene. But when she reached up - almost as if she was seeing how tall the rock was - I grabbed the shot. Compared to shots without her in the scene, I much preferred this image.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Very nice, Karen. You did a good job of making lemonade with the girl at Thunder Cove. We tried to get there but were stymied by high tide.

I combined your two approaches by photographing a woman in a Canola field.
Beautiful shot, Jim. Your "model" is more lovely than mine! LOL! I really enjoyed you images/video of the tidal bore in Moncton! Well done!

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Thanks, Karen. Did you get to see the tidal bore?
No. We arrived near Hopewell Rocks late in the afternoon and rushed to see Hopewell Rocks at somewhat high tide. The next day we returned at low tide to walk around the exposed formations.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom