Printed images.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Gray Fox, May 18, 2007.

1. Gray Fox

Gray Fox

Jan 12, 2007
    London Ontario
    Digital photographers seem to take a lot of pictures.

How many (what percentage) of your shots end up printed?

How many (what percentage) of your shots end up enlarged, mounted, and on display?

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I print mine and give them away. I put them up on my office walls, and people commenton them, they get them. I have one image in my home office that I made back in 2002 with my first digital camera. All the rest get gifted out.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    If I could afford to print all the great pics I have (big) I would need to win the lottery

4. jaymc

jaymc Guest

I'm starting to do more printing at Costco. Hard to beat a 12x18" for only $2.99 usd.

- Jay :tongue:

5. Nick7

Nick7

May 12, 2006
    England
    Hi

I rarely get anything printed, but display the photos I like on my 24" monitor which is in the living room.

As an aside, all the mega pixel posts I've seen only seem to refer to printing, not to displaying on a large monitor, cropped or otherwise, so I'll be interested in seeing whether others here print or not.

Cheers
    Nick

6. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

All,

I only print the ones that "speak" to me...on average, it is maybe one or two images out of a set of 30-40 in a session. Below are the last three I have enlarged to various sizes...

Enjoy them...

12"x18" Archival studio mount w/ white double mat
    5496026-md.

20"x30" Archival studio mount w/ white double mat
    5300803-md.

20"x24" Archival studio mount w/ white double mat
    5454615-md.

Cheers,

-Ian

7. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal

Too funny, I do the same.... You like it, hey great its yours. I think about 8 of the guys that work for me have large photos of mine hanging in their houses/ office.

As far as my house, I have two little girls and a wife that likes to switch out pictures all the time. So large prints come and go like the wind.

8. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal

Back from thread drift.... say 2% and 1%. I guess when i get better there will be more keeprs :) :rolleyes:

A bit more when the grandmothers are in on the act....