Printer communication problem

Morty, I'm so glad you are working on this. I admit to being puzzled.

May I suggest another test.
You have a document that prints OK from the laptop.
Please put that exact document on your computer and try to print it. We need to completely eliminate the document itself as being an issue.

I had already done that when I reported successful printing from the laptop in post #121. All of my tests this morning have been with the exact same MS Word document.

Morty, I'm so glad you are working on this. I admit to being puzzled.

May I suggest another test.
You have a document that prints OK from the laptop.
Please put that exact document on your computer and try to print it. We need to completely eliminate the document itself as being an issue.
yes I am puzzled,

From the reading I have done it seems that WiFi printing is a lot more reliable nowadays than cable connection.

Or let me rephrase it, in an internet of thing connected world a lot more attention has been given to wireless connectivity than wired connectivity.
Both from the Modem/Router aspect and the laptop side.
That is a shame IMHO as I much prefer wired connection for security and confidentiality of data.

As mentioned in an earlier post, new OS have removed old network protocols which I would have relied on in the past to fix these types of issues.

I fear that there is a communication problem in the wired configuration between the printer/router/computers and that in the chain somewhere the packets get lost or misrouted triggering a time out.
HP mentions that sometimes new software can conflict with the operation of the printer on a network, that is so vague that it is unhelpful.
If the problem is with the router/modem that will be a lot more difficult to diagnose and solve.

yes I am puzzled,

From the reading I have done it seems that WiFi printing is a lot more reliable nowadays than cable connection.

Or let me rephrase it, in an internet of thing connected world a lot more attention has been given to wireless connectivity than wired connectivity.
Both from the Modem/Router aspect and the laptop side.
That is a shame IMHO as I much prefer wired connection for security and confidentiality of data.

As mentioned in an earlier post, new OS have removed old network protocols which I would have relied on in the past to fix these types of issues.

I fear that there is a communication problem in the wired configuration between the printer/router/computers and that in the chain somewhere the packets get lost or misrouted triggering a time out.
HP mentions that sometimes new software can conflict with the operation of the printer on a network, that is so vague that it is unhelpful.
If the problem is with the router/modem that will be a lot more difficult to diagnose and solve.

Please keep in mind that when I print from the laptop I'm not using the printer's wireless interface. It is still printing to 10.0.0.11 through the wireless connection to the router.

Please keep in mind that when I print from the laptop I'm not using the printer's wireless interface. It is still printing to 10.0.0.11 through the wireless connection to the router.
Yes got that. Your printer is a DN. Duplex Network.

So if there is a network issue it is likely to be between the computers and the router, and not with the printer.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
A network problem doesn't seem at all likely. I suspect the computer configurations.
Jim, I thought you had successfully printed from your computer, after making the network changes? So did something change since then?

Yes, it worked for a while, then the old problem reared its ugly head. That's why I'm reluctant to declare victory yet.
When the problem happened again, had the printer gone to sleep before hand?

Latest threads

Top Bottom