1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Printers/Printing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kombi1, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I am thinking about buying a printer and not sending my photos out. I am currently shooting youth league pics and some weddings, my questions are:
    -Is it worth it to print your own pics or send them out?
    -What printer should I be looking at buying?
    Thanks in advance.
    Kevin

2. I highly doubt that you will find it cost less $ to print yourself especially 4x6. Perhaps other members can steer you to a good and consistent offline source.

I use a Canon pro9000 and for me at least I know it has the capability of getting far better quality than I am able to get thus far.

3. I agree with the 4x6 - at the current prices there is no way you can get to that level. Take a look at the HP B9180 and and the newer B8850. I have B9180 and it gives outstanding prints using pigment inks.

4. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    It is not only a matter of cost. By having your prints done elsewhere often there is consistency in the output. I can not begin to tell you how many times, even for a 4x6 print, I have had colorcast variations, tiny streaks, or some other nuisance with an inkjet printer that costs $150 - $300.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.