Printing for north light viewing

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by xrdbear, Jul 1, 2007.

1. In common with most people my colour managed system is designed to produce prints that look right in D50 lighting and that's how I produce my prints for sale.

At home though I find that the prints on my walls are nearly always viewed by indirect sky light or north light and naturally acquire a greenish tint in delicate warm colours. I would like my home prints to look right during the daytime and be able to offer this to discerning customers. Does anyone have a standardised correction they apply to a file to make this correction and save me having to do a lot of experiments? Could it be done with one of the Photoshop Photo filters or am I going to have to make new printing profiles for the different viewing conditions?

All help gratefully received :smile: