Printing greeting cards

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Carole, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Is there any software that will print greeting cards without borders around the photo? I want the photo to be printed from edge to edge on the front and then I have text to go on the back.

Thanks,
    Carole

2. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    I use a package from American Greetings that has lots of options

3. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    I'll check it out, thanks Ray!

BTW, I have a cockatiel too :) He has his own website - http://dundeebird.com

Carole :)

4. I print greeting cards directly from PS/CS3. I create a background layer the size of the card stock, then resize my image to fit the way I want it, drag and drop, flatten layers, and I'm ready to print.

5. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Thanks, Jim. I just got new card stock yesterday, so I'll give that a try.

Carole

6. I design my cards in PS, and print them at whcc.com or mpix.com. For me when you include paper/envelope/ink costs it's cheaper to do it that way and the quality is outstanding. :)

7. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    I get most of my prints done at Mpix. I downloaded their software for greeting cards, but haven't ordered from them yet. Now that you've told me that I'll give them a try. I know Miller's does cards as well and I've had prints done by them. They cost a little more but for some clients, it's a justifiable expense.

Do you sell your cards, Sonya, or are they just for your own use? If you sell them, what do you charge for cards that you have made by Mpix? My friend and I got a booth at a local holiday fair, so I'm doing prints and cards.

Carole