Printing Issues

I've got a Cannon Pro 10 printer and just yesterday replaced a couple of the ink cartridges with an LD brand, which they say are guaranteed to be 100% compatible. The printer recognizes them but my prints come out with the colors completely off. I'm wondering if you can mix different brands within the printer at the same time?
Thanks for any input you could give me.
Louie

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
If you create a colour profile for printing, for example using a ColorMunki Photo, that profile is unique to the combination of three factors:
  1. the model of printer
  2. the exact paper type
  3. the ink used
This implies that for accurate results one should either stick to the manufacturer's ink, or create one's own profile.

However I'm surprised the results are so off. Is there any chance you put the cartridges in the wrong slots? That would have a dramatic effect!

Thanks very much. No, I've checked and double checked the correct placement. The colors displayed on my monitor and those printed when using Cannon ink were always the same, now the colors are way off and muddy. I don't have the calibrator you mentioned and it seems like it would just be much simpler to buy Cannon ink rather than go to that trouble. I was trying to save a buck but maybe I'm just creating more hassle than it's worth.
I much appreciate your comments.
Louie

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I think that's sensible. I have two Canon printers and have resisted the temptation to buy cheaper ink, I stick to the Canon ink. The other thing is that 100% compatible may not include a promise that they won't fade faster.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom