Printing out of NX or Photoshop

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by asaya, Jul 24, 2007.

1. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    A question regarding workflow issues out of NX. I don't seem to be able to get the same quality of picture (Darker) out of NX as I do photoshop CS2.

Are any of you folks printing directly from NX or are you opening photo in PS CS2. If you are wondering if someone could assist me with workflow points

2. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Anyone have any assistance

3. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I do a lot of printing out of NX, just be sure to turn Soft Proofing on and use the right profile for your printer/paper/rendering intent.

I don't have CS but get good results with PSE5, I just use the Soft Proof here, too. I mainly use PSE for jpegs, my NEF files get their best prints from NX although I'm beginning to learn to cope with printing in LR.

Coming to grips with all the variables in color management and printing can be a bear, you just have to stick with it until you finally get something that works for you and your system. The hardest thing for me was disciplining myself to make changes one variable at a time and keeping track of the results. Used up a lot of paper and ink in the process....

Keep at it, pretty soon the light bulb will come on....:wink:

Bill

4. HSNewman

HSNewman

Aug 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Getting good results printing from NX on Canon Pro9000 with calibrated monitor, Cannon Photo Paper Plus glossy, Cannon supplied profile and sRBG color space. Like Bill, I used up a lot of 4x6 paper outsmarting myself until I went back to the default Cannon profile which seems to work the best.

5. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Thanks Bill & Howard I have been playing around with NX my thought is if I can save a step and print directly out of NX I can save the time of moving to PS. Going to keep trying.