Printing Page from Website

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Baywing, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I would like to print a page from a website (have owner's permission) but the page keeps printing larger than the paper and some of it gets clipped off. The info on the page is larger than what appears on the screen, so "Print Screen" doesn't work either. I've tried in the printer que to scale to fit page, but it doesn't seem to work. Can this be done? Am I missing something? Windows, 2000 pro, NT based.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. I use Acrobat PDF writer, which shrinks pages down to 8.5 x 11 size.... very useful for keeping stuff I've discovered on the web.

4. If you don't want to use Firefox (which handles printing very well) and can't afford Acrobat, PDF Redirect works very well and is free. Just print to a pdf and reprint on your printer. Here is a link: http://www.exp-systems.com/

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    There are photos on the pages in question, can Acrobat PDF writer handle photos?
    Thanks

6. Baywing: yup

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks, all. I went with Firefox, works like a charm! I may have to start using this all the time, I like not having tons of ads.....