1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Printing Pano's ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zerocool, Sep 9, 2008.

1. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    i have a 3 Shot Panoramic, that is currently my desktop background and the more i look at the happier i am with the image, and i would like to print it out or have it printed out, frame it and hang it ....

2793191364_4d7dd8bd4c_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the orig image information is

Image Size
    W: 5717 pixels
    H: 2232 pixels
    Res: 300

my question is would it be better to have it professionally printed? if so where would u recommend? also at what HxW would be appropriate for a pano?

2. In my opinion, pano shots like this beg to be printed quite large. Unless you have a wide printer, hire the job out. I like ElCo Color for this sort of thing. They have online specials (assuming you don't need any hand-holding) that are very reasonable.

Your particular shot doesn't have an extreme aspect ratio, but often you can gang two panos on one of ElCo's stock sizes and cut them apart after printing. You have to order two prints from them to get the good pricing, but they need not be of the same subject. They also package the finished product very well so it won't be damaged in shipping.

As for an appropriate HxW, unless you stick with the aspect ratio of the existing pano as it is, you'll have something that looks goofy. So all you have to decide on is width and that depends on how large you want the print and how much wall space you have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.