Printing Problem with Combined Photos

I combined two photos (sky different) and when printing the foreground goes gray. Has happened with another photo also using two photos. Photo on left is how it looks printed. Tried with 3 printers so not a printer problem.

408683093.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

French-Canadian from Montréal, living in Austria
1. Many printers won't mind colour space (RGB vs CMYK), others will. See your manual.
2. It may be a software preference where you could specify "black on top".
3. Some printers cannot work with layers. If so, you will have to flatten and save prior to printing.

Personally, I never encounter this problem so I hope one these could help.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
You don't say:
  • which software you are printing from
  • whether the color management is in the program or in the printer
  • if color management is in the program, which profile you chose to print with.
I would guess the problem is a setting in the software you are using to print.

Your image is flattened to one layer and is an sRGB file with adjustments made in Photoshop CS6?

You are printing via Photoshop to each printer and still getting the grey colour where black should be on each?

Do you print via soft proof and have you selected the correct paper profile e.g. you are printing to a Canon printer and using Photo Glossy so the profile you are choosing is the correct one
for that particular paper?

Are you printing and letting PS or printer manage colour?

Do you have the Out of Gamut warning turned on in CS6? If not what happens to the image on screen if you turn on the gamut warning?

Who'da thought. Both the 1900 and 3880 needed heads cleaned. All working now. However, really threw me off because I did print a couple other photos that were fine. Just two that I had sandwiched were goofy.

Latest threads

Top Bottom