Printing software for Mac?

I have historically used Q Image for my printing software from my PC. I would love to be able to print from my 27 inch IMac to my Epson R1900, but I understand that Q Image does not work on a Mac.
( and I don't like to use Parallels or another PC mimicking software. )
So my question is: for those of you who print from their Mac is there a reliable printing software akin to the features of Q Image, and if so what would that be?

So my question is: for those of you who print from their Mac is there a reliable printing software akin to the features of Q Image, and if so what would that be?
No, at least none that I have heard about.

Not sure why you are so against PC emulators but it looks like your choices limited

a. PC emulator
b. Small PC for Qimage only
c. Hope to find something close or at least acceptable for Mac - Mike Chaney said to have stated that he will not develop for Mac, he does not like it or the way Apple licensing works. So seems highly unlikely Qimage will be released unless Mac substantially increases its share of the market

No, at least none that I have heard about.

Not sure why you are so against PC emulators but it looks like your choices limited

a. PC emulator
b. Small PC for Qimage only
c. Hope to find something close or at least acceptable for Mac - Mike Chaney said to have stated that he will not develop for Mac, he does not like it or the way Apple licensing works. So seems highly unlikely Qimage will be released unless Mac substantially increases its share of the market
I do have a PC that I've historically used to print from Qimage but since Windows 10 upgrade I hate to rely on it for ease of use printing. Just hoping that there would be a comparable product. I know there was a petition to try and encourage Mr. Chaney to develop his product on a Mac platform but to date that has not been successful.

I do have a PC that I've historically used to print from Qimage but since Windows 10 upgrade I hate to rely on it for ease of use printing. Just hoping that there would be a comparable product. I know there was a petition to try and encourage Mr. Chaney to develop his product on a Mac platform but to date that has not been successful.
I think the petition fell on stony ground. Mr Chaney does not seem to care too much for Mac at least that seemed to be the case in 2010 - I suspect that not much has changed since then
http://ddisoftware.com/tech/articles/may-2010-some-sour-apples/

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom