Printing some photos for my first client, looking for any feedback :)

So my first client is my friend :)) even though I just shoot photos for fun. He likes alot of my stuff and wanted to make some prints for his new house as he has nothing on the walls. He is one of my best friends and wanted to pay me but I declined and we agreed on a bottle of rum :biggrin:

All shot with my D7000 and tokina 11-16 or nikon 17-55. All this talk of the 7100 has me thinking but ill stick with the 7000 for now :smile:

These will be the ones he likes the best and if anyone has any suggestions or proper ways to export them from lightroom etc for the photo lab then please chime in. I was planning on using costco as heard the offer pretty good quality at a fair price.

Greg

gvill20130406.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gvill201211245.jpg

gvill201211191855.jpg

gvill201209220396.jpg

gvill201207219384.jpg

gvill201207089163.jpg
This photo was my most succesful yet as I placed third in Canada for the wikipedia monuments national Canadian competition.

gvill201206177093.jpg

Thanks for any help or thoughts u had on editing, exporting for printing etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to look at Mpix or MpixPro. The quality of their prints is incredible. MpixPro ships FedEx overnight for $5.00. I have them do all my prints now.

Your images are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm sure they will look lovely on your friend's walls!

Carole

Costco does a good job for sure..maybe try one for yourself first.. and see your favorite..

From Lightroom
Select the photos you want to export
File > Export
Location > you choose
File naming > check rename > choose Edit and explore the options
File Settings > jpeg > sRGB (unless your lab specifies RGB) > Quality 90 is high enough, choose 100 if you want the the file is much larger. uncheck Limit file Size
Images Sizing > uncheck
Output Sharpening > Choose your paper type > Standard
Metadata > your choose
Watermark > uncheck
Post Processing > you choose

Some of your prints would look very good on Metallic paper. Experiment with papers.
Also try ordering a Gallery Wrap or a Stand Out. The best way to learn about these is to order one.

Great stuff, thanks for the info guys. Im going to look into some of those different papers!

So we were thinking of getting a few canvas prints as well. Some of them are 24x36 or even 30x40. Do u think too large for 16MP of the d7000?? Most pics are ISO 100-200 with one of them ISO 800 and all at pretty good shutter speeds and if a slow shutter speed it was on a tripod.

Great stuff, thanks for the info guys. Im going to look into some of those different papers!

So we were thinking of getting a few canvas prints as well. Some of them are 24x36 or even 30x40. Do u think too large for 16MP of the d7000?? Most pics are ISO 100-200 with one of them ISO 800 and all at pretty good shutter speeds and if a slow shutter speed it was on a tripod.

16 MP can easily be printed 30x40.
A good place for canvas is Canvas on Demand. They'll ship custom size Gallery Wraps ready to hang. On a larger gallery wrap, order 1 1/2" thick to help avoid warping. They also ship rolled canvas for framing. The largest I've ordered is 30"x72".

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom