Prints are slightly green

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Rick727, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    I shoot most of my pictures in RAW. I have a D80 and process the files on an iMac with Capture NX. After processing and I'm happy with how they look, I print them out but they have a slight green tint to them. My printer is a Canon iP4300 and I use Canon paper. Any suggestions?

2. Couple things I can think of, is your monitor calibrated? Does NX have the ability to proof your picture before printing using the simulated paper and print settings?

3. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    Douglas, I've always used the Canon print utility to do my printing.

I just tried printing directly from NX, but I didn't find an option for paper type.

The print I got from NX doesn't have the green tint to it. While it does look closer to the screen image it still isn't the same. The best way for me to describe it is that the color saturation is lower on the print.

I've tried using the ColorSync Utility to calibrate the moniter but I'm not sure if I've done it right.

4. To get better accuracy, you should allow NX to control the printing and turn it off in the printer software. Hardware monitor calibration tool would help too.

Sorry I cant be more help. I use CS3 and Epson. I have hardware color calibrated monitors and do my final print corrections in CS3 with proofing turned on which simulates the paper profile and the rendering intent. My prints are very, very close, though still not exact. I expect if I had my printer profiled they would be almost dead on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  5. Keis

Keis

Jan 13, 2006
    Fort Collin, CO
    Dougs suggestion is critical. Green cast tends to mean you are double profiling. (I'm a master of double profiling). Make sure you turn either NX's or the printer driver color management off. Don't assume because you never turned one on that its off.

6. vadimg

vadimg

May 23, 2007
    ny, ny
    To reiterate, make sure that the printer driver's color management is off. I usually use relative colorimetric conversion with black point compensation when I print from either photoshop or NX, seems to work well. If that doesn't help, you'll need to profile your printer and monitor probably.

7. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    Thanks again Douglas, Ken and Vadim for help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.