Prints vs. Monitor WOW!

Hi All.

I hadn't printed any of my micro shots before and I just picked up a few prints of some Dragonflies and a pair of butterflies for our cottage bathroom. I thought they looked pretty good on a monitor, but the prints absolutely blew me away with their fine detail. I'm beginning to think I'm getting the hang of digital photography!

The price was right, too with Costco's (Canada) special offer this week of 4 8x10s for $0.0 if you have a photo account.

Cheers,

Larry

These were 2 of my choices

Ocellated emerald

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Large marble

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Andrew

Not that it makes much difference but my monitor is 96 ppi.

I try to compose and crop before I push the shutter button so plenty of resolution available for the print. Although one realizes that there is a lot more resolution in a print based on cold dry numbers you can't visualize it till you see it:smile:

Cheers,

Larry

Nice find.

I measured just less than two hand spans (approx. 9" each) and did a rough division into 1680 in my head. It looks as if I was wrong as the real # is 99.06. I'm a retired biologist, though, and I'm happy with any error less than 50%. :smile:

Cheers,

Larry

Thanks for the suggestion but issues with the US/Canada border, exchange, etc. wouldn't be worth it. Costco provides regularly updated printer profiles and I find their quality plenty good enough for me.

Larry

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom