"private" beach located in Kauai

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by KDann, Aug 30, 2008.

1. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    I snapped these a few weeks ago when I visited a private beach in Kauai-it's for hotel guest only but I go there all the time...:tongue:

These were taken with my now sold D100 and 18-70..
    DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg

2. balmiesgirl

balmiesgirl Guest

beautiful......
    arent all of the beaches in Hawaii supposed to be public?

3. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Apparently not this one...there are signs everywhere that says the beach is for hotel guest only..no one ever bothers me about it though. I saw a beach the other day in Kona that was also marked "private".:confused:

4. Which part of the island, Kenny?

Sean

5. love the coral-colored sand....
    our sandy beaches (also some of the finest in the world) are sugar-sand white
    69404773_QBBsd-L.jpg

69406441_GwNGZ-L.jpg

a stark contrast to yours
    but.... both are nice

6. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Wow, that white sand is really pretty! Sean, that beach is located in Kapa'a, not to far from the Lihue airport, about a 15 minute drive. It's on the eastern side of the island.

7. These look like they might have been taken in the Wailua Bay area. Is that right or some other beach?

Only the property above the beach is reserved for hotel guests. The beaches themselves are all public on this island. I checked on this again last year when we were there on our 6th trip to this tropical paradise.

8. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, you are correct that beach is in the Wailua Bay area. I went there again yesterday, but this time I had my D300, and the weather was much better than the last time I was there.

The hotel property:
    DSC_0385.jpg
    Just beautiful...
    DSC_0386.jpg
    DSC_0451.jpg
    DSC_0452.jpg
    DSC_0394.jpg

9. Kenny,
    I think that my wife and I stayed at the hotel right next door (I think it was called the Kauai Coast Resort or the Beachboy or something like that) to this one on our honeymoon in 2004. We are headed back to Kauai for two weeks in July of 2009. We'll be staying in Princeville. I'm already debating with myself on what lenses to take!

10. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Your 17-55 and 10-20 would be perfect! I was shooting with what used to be my 18-70. I sold it to my friend..and she let me use it for the day. I really wish I had a 17-55!

11. I think those lenses plus a light weigh tele-zoom. I'm hoping to pick up the 70-300 VR before going, which, paired with the 10-20 and 17-55, would make a pretty good travel kit.

12. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    boy do I miss Hawaii, I really need to go back and get my fix. thanks...

13. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, the 70-300 VR is on my list of 'must haves".:smile:

14. maui_minded

maui_minded

Oct 30, 2007
    Colorado
    Ditto that! But in the meantime thanks for the virtual trip Kenny.