1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The UHL team that I shoot for held a open try-out today so I headed over to see who was there and get some practice shots in.
    First let me say, I forgot how fast pro hockey is compared to girls varsity soccer or varsity boys football. Man I think I am going to have to do a lot of practices shots before the season starts if I want to get some good shots at the first game.
    Here are a few shots from today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    Pro hockey is very fast and can be tricky to shoot. I'm not sure what the UHL is like, but the NHL games dictate me to my one little cutout in the glass. If the speed wasn't enough of a problem, now I've got only 1 perspective to work with...

Well at least the NHL is back this season, right? It was great to be back at a game. I hung out in the press boxes at the Washington Caps opener and I just reveled in the sound of the boards getting nailed by players.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

UHL is pretty good hockey, last season the Motor City Mechanics did have 4 NHL player join them (Chris Chelios, Derian Hatcher, Sean Avery and Smolinski) so I got to photograph some pretty high level players a lot.
    For the Mechanic games, I shoot from a box at ice level between the 2 benches with no glass to protect me, and so far I haven't been hurt by a puck. I was hit twice by sticks last season and that hurt a lot more than the 4 times I was hit by a puck.
    The Mechanics play a preseason game next week and I will photograph the last period of it and on Monday I am going to shoot the practice to get some practice in myself.