1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Problem getting Kinko to print Hogan D3 ebook manual

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Rich Gibson, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Not copyright, but getting 2 ebook pages per side per page of paper. Thom mentions it in the guide that he put some sort of security lock to prevent this but said using Adobe will work. However, the store in which I went no longer uses Adobe as they want $5000 license for the store. If your store has Adobe you apparently can get 4 pages per sheet of paper. The ebook has now cost me almost $120.00

2. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    Can you make me a copy?:tongue:

Andy

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well I was thinking of going to Staples to get it printed...but my local mom and pop store might be able to print it...

4. If you live anywhere near a university, see if they will print it for you. Ours will do jobs for cash for anyone.

5. The problem is it's 821 pages long, so even printing on both sides of a page still gives you a book almost a ream thick. Thom explains the situation in the manual. If you double up on a sheet face and print both sides you have roughly 205 sheets, a more manageable size. You can either manipulate the individual pages onto the paper or suck out the text like a word processor and shuffle it around within the document to increase the text on each page. Thom has locked the latter approach without a pass key on their internal printing software and at least this Kinko's no longer licenses Adobe from From them.

6. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    $120?! For $20 you could print the book on 3-hole punch paper with laser duplex printing and secure the output with a 3-ring binder. Moreover, you don't have to worry about damage to any of the pages because they are easily replaced with this type of binding.

I don't own the e-book, but how much of that 800+ pages is really useful information? Surely some of it covers what you already know from experience with earlier camera models. It might now be worth an extra $100 in printing cost.

7. That included the original cost of the ebook. I paid them $64 to print the 411 pages. Paper and toner/ink jet cartridges will run it up that high, not counting my time printing first 411 odd pages and, hopefully getting it right, another run of 411 even pages, with NO misfeeds. :eek:  I've done that before and lost a fistfull of wasted sheets and ink. I only one sheet misfeeds the batch is ruined.

8. i need to sit down and really figure out which of the pages i want printed
    all the first pages... about the history of nikon dslrs, etc... i don't need

now, you make me wonder where i'll get it printed
    i was hoping to have it printed the VERY SAME SIZE as the little handbook came

and only print about 600 pages or so
    that 300 page manual will be manageable to me (2-side printing)
    maybe it won't work out that way

9. In his introduction he mentions he organized it into three logical sections which one might bind separately...as have some have done at dpreview.com

10. sounds reasonable to me
    i'll spend some time thinking about that... and make some calls as to who around here can help me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.