Problem going from LR to CS5

I am running lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5 on a Snow Leopard iMac. I have Photoshop set up as the external editor in Lightroom. Sometimes when I go to Photo/Edit In/Photoshop CS5 it works fine. Other times Photoshop opens but the photo I want to edit doesn't. I have to restart my computer to get it to work.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? It seems to be happening more often lately.

not sure if this helps but my workflow usually involves working in lightroom first and then after making my normal LR adjustments i then right click on the image and choose EDIT IN CS5 or what ever other verison of PS you have and the RAW file with all the lightroom adjustments you made appears in CS5 and all i have to do is go to edit>convert to profile sRGB fro Prophoto and proceed with my PS adjustments.

maybe you can see if you can consistently perform that action? or if you receive the same results.

What path do you use, right click or edit in? Try opening PS first from the dock.
Are your apps (Lr + CS5) up to date?

not sure if this helps but my workflow usually involves working in lightroom first and then after making my normal LR adjustments i then right click on the image and choose EDIT IN CS5 or what ever other verison of PS you have and the RAW file with all the lightroom adjustments you made appears in CS5 and all i have to do is go to edit>convert to profile sRGB fro Prophoto and proceed with my PS adjustments.

maybe you can see if you can consistently perform that action? or if you receive the same results.

Thank you. I will certainly try it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom