Problem switching from viewfinder to rear LCD -- SOLVED

When removing myself from being close to the viewfinder, my Z6 no longer automatically switches from displaying the scene in the view finder to displaying it on the rear LCD as used to happen. I often have to turn the camera off and turn it on again to get the rear LCD to display and sometimes doing that doesn't make it happen. This is a recent development. Is there a timer setting I might have accidentally changed that would affect this?

The Display Selection Button (Nikon calls it "Monitor Mode") on the photog's left side of the viewfinder is set to Automatic display switch. The only other parameter that is available is Monitor only. The other two parameters -- Viewfinder only and Prioritize Viewfinder -- are not available and that's true even if I temporarily enable all parameters available in the Setup Menu item discussed immediately below.

The parameters in the Setup Menu item, Limit monitor mode selection, are set as follows:
  • Automatic display switch: Enabled
  • Viewfinder only: Disabled
  • Monitor Only: Enabled
  • Prioritize Viewfinder: Enabled
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

Try cleaning the EVF sensor

That seems to have solved the problem. Thanks!

Now that you've made that suggestion, I seem to remember you making it for someone else, though I don't remember what that person's problem was. I even seem to remember commenting in that thread that I hadn't known about the EVF sensor until you mentioned it.

That seems to have solved the problem. Thanks!

Now that you've made that suggestion, I seem to remember you making it for someone else, though I don't remember what that person's problem was. I even seem to remember commenting in that thread that I hadn't known about the EVF sensor until you mentioned it.
It doesn't take much to "block" it. Even an eyelash can sometimes do it. This is a common issue with mirrorless - thankfully simple fix though :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom