Problem Viewing SmugMug Pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EdMac, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I just wanted to pass along information concerning a verified problem when using IE 7 and Norton Security. As of yesterday, I found that I could not view my pictures without crashing IE 7. I contacted SmugMug, and they told me that it is a known problem between IE 7 and a Norton Add-on "Norton Confidential Browser Helper Object Add-on" It was suggested that I disable the add-on to see if it corrected my problem. I disabled it, and the problem went away.
    Subsequently, I downloaded Firefox, and that works just fine.
    I am using Microsoft Vista Premium Home edition on a new HP 9000 series laptop that has Norton Internet Security installed.
    I hope this will help others experiencing this issue.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. One of the main reasons I use Firefox. IMO, IE7 is a poorly done copy of firefox. Plus, there are plenty of neat add ons to firefox that make it a great browser for the web.

3. Hi Rich,
    I agree that Firefox is much better, but I have concerns for the people viewing my website that will have problems. The problem seems to be more centered on Norton Internet Security software and not IE 7.:smile:

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I had a similar problem on my new laptop Ed, so I removed the Norton program and downloaded the free AVG protection. All works fine now.

5. Firefox

Hi Frank,
    As far as I know, Norton still has one of the best ratings for protecting your system, so I will stick with it for a while longer. SmugMug is working to resolve the issue. In the meantime I have Firefox up and runing with no problems.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.