Problem with battery in Z7II

F64

Real Name
Greg
I have a question about batteries on the Z7II. I received mine a few days ago, and while waiting for the EN-EL15c battery to charge, I put in an EN-EL15b and the camera complained that it was not compatible with the camera. This battery works fine in my D850, Z6 and Z7. So what does the Z7II know that the other cameras don't?
Oh, BTW, other 15b batteries work fine in the Z7II, just this one battery.

Any ideas? Battery going out of spec? A fake?

F64

Real Name
Greg
As I understand it the model II of the Z6 and Z7 are picky about their batteries. Some have reported that non-OEM batteries also won't work. Use the EL-15c.
Thanks for the reply. What confused me about this is that my other EN-EL15b batteries work in this Z7II without complaint. This battery appears to be a genuine Nikon OEM battery - right down to the hologram. If it's a 3rd party fake, it's really good.
I'll happily use the 15c batteries - but maybe wait until they drop below $100 in Canada here. Certainly I'm using the one that shipped with the camera.

My guess is that the EN-EL 15b you have is a counterfeit like mine here. Check out the serial number as they see
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
m to be the same

F64

Real Name
Greg
My guess is that the EN-EL 15b you have is a counterfeit like mine here. Check out the serial number as they seem to be the same
That's a good copy. I can't compare mine anymore - I gave it away with one of my Z cameras that it worked fine in. Does your 15b work in all your cameras?

I picked up a 15b for my Z6 II as a back-up. I also get the message the camera cannot use it. It appears to work fine in the D500 and the D750.

Is it a Nikon 15b or a third party? My Nikon 15b batteries work in my Z6, Z7 and D500. The Z6II and Z7II come with 15c batteries.
These are thought to be counterfeit Nikon batteries. They were purchased as Nikon. It is true the II bodies use the C battery. But, they will take the B as well. I have even used the older batteries from my D750 and D500. They work fine - supposedly with shorter life before having to charge.

F64

Real Name
Greg
Is it a Nikon 15b or a third party? My Nikon 15b batteries work in my Z6, Z7 and D500. The Z6II and Z7II come with 15c batteries.
It was a Nikon branded battery. And yes, it worked in my Z6, 7 and D850. It's just my new Z7II that doesn't like it. So maybe it's a fake after all,...

Be aware, just because it's Nikon branded and in a Nikon box if the price is cheap it may not be what you think

F64

Real Name
Greg
Be aware, just because it's Nikon branded and in a Nikon box if the price is cheap it may not be what you thinkView attachment 1677865
That's probably what mine was then - with fakes this good, how can one tell?
I just bought 2 third party compatible En-El15c batteries made by BM Premium for $55 Cdn. They work fine with the new Z7II. I wish I could find batteries for my Z50 which takes an EN-EL25.

Would love to. B&H doesn't usually ship to Canada though,... Have had good luck with Adorama.
Free Shipping to Canada on most orders over $99 USD*
Most orders over $99 USD ship free to Canada!
Your $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges, duties and taxes do not count towards the qualifying order total.
Transit time may be up to 8 days.
*Certain merchandise may be excluded from this offer based on physical characteristics and/or payment methods applied.

Be aware, just because it's Nikon branded and in a Nikon box if the price is cheap it may not be what you thinkView attachment 1677865
I have both the above types and they both work in my Z7 and Z7II. The fake on the left is a little different to mine in that the words "See Manual" near the bottom on mine have the *same* bold writing as the word "Manual", where in the photo above "See" and "Manual" are different. It would seem as though there are two different type of Nikon genuine batteries.

F64

Real Name
Greg
Free Shipping to Canada on most orders over $99 USD*
Most orders over $99 USD ship free to Canada!
Your $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges, duties and taxes do not count towards the qualifying order total.
Transit time may be up to 8 days.
*Certain merchandise may be excluded from this offer based on physical characteristics and/or payment methods applied.
They won't ship Nikon equipment to Canada.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom