Problem with CS2 Batch Raw conversions

I have just tried batch processing in CS2/Bridge for the first time. It doesn't work.

In Bridge, choosing Tools -> Photoshop -> Batch I get the error message The command "Batch" is not currently available.

If I start in Photoshop and choose File -> Scripts -> Image Processor I get an error message Sorry, something major happened and I can't continue! Would you like to see more info?. Choosing Yes produces the wonderfully helpful message:

ReferenceError:this.dlgMain.ddSet.onChange is not a function : 810

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Are all these images compliant to be converted? Are they all within a normal colorspace, 8bit, etc?

Sure. I can convert them individually with no problem. But these exceptions show up before any image is selected.

I did Google the error message and came up with four or five other instances of this same error message mentioned on the web. One person said he "figured it out" but didn't post the solution, one said the problem eventually "fixed itself", and a third said he talked with Adobe and was told to reinstall CS2. So it doesn't look too promising.

p.s. actually I do all RAW conversions in 16 bit.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what does this do? I'd like to know a bit more about it before installing it. Your link just downloads a zip file which upzips to a .jsx file.

Is it this?

Adobe CS2 Image Processor Modification

This script is a modification of the Image Processor that is included with Photoshop CS2. This version will run the action at the end of the sequence, rather than at the beginning. This is particularly important if you are using the "Run Action" feature to apply sharpening to resized images. This also has an update to repair a bug when saving files in the sRGB format.

Download this file, uncompress it, and install it by replacing the current version that is on your system. You will find the current version at this location:

Adobe Photoshop CS > Presets > Scripts

D

dannyraphael

I have just tried batch processing in CS2/Bridge for the first time. It doesn't work.

In Bridge, choosing Tools -> Photoshop -> Batch I get the error message The command "Batch" is not currently available.

If I start in Photoshop and choose File -> Scripts -> Image Processor I get an error message Sorry, something major happened and I can't continue! Would you like to see more info?. Choosing Yes produces the wonderfully helpful message:

ReferenceError:this.dlgMain.ddSet.onChange is not a function : 810

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.
What happens if you invoke Automate > Batch from within Photoshop instead of Bridge?

FYI: The .jsx download is a replacement for the original Image Processor script that installs with CS2. Apparently there was a flaw in the logic in terms of "when" the specified action is applied to the image.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what does this do? I'd like to know a bit more about it before installing it. Your link just downloads a zip file which upzips to a .jsx file.

Is it this?

Adobe CS2 Image Processor Modification

This script is a modification of the Image Processor that is included with Photoshop CS2. This version will run the action at the end of the sequence, rather than at the beginning. This is particularly important if you are using the "Run Action" feature to apply sharpening to resized images. This also has an update to repair a bug when saving files in the sRGB format.

Download this file, uncompress it, and install it by replacing the current version that is on your system. You will find the current version at this location:

Adobe Photoshop CS > Presets > Scripts

Yes, that's what it is for.

What happens if you invoke Automate > Batch from within Photoshop instead of Bridge?

From Automate->, Batch is not available; it is shown in light grey rather than dark.

FYI: The .jsx download is a replacement for the original Image Processor script that installs with CS2. Apparently there was a flaw in the logic in terms of "when" the specified action is applied to the image.

Then I don't think it would help with my problem since I never get to that point. I may try it anyway just to see if it helps.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks, guys!

Let me voice a large thank you to Jimmy (goofball) and dannyraphael.

The downloaded replacement .jsx file seems to have fixed the problem. :smile:

At least now Tools -> Photoshop -> Image Processor works from Bridge.

Latest threads

Top Bottom