Problem with DxO PL4 and Nik collection

I did a 30-day trial of Nik 4 and decided not to buy it yet. Since installing Nik 4 removes earlier versions, I moved my old version into a different folder I called "Nik Collection_orig". Now I want to revert back, so I deleted the folder containing V4 and renamed the folder back to "Nik Collection".

Now when I try to access Nik plugins from DxO PL4, some of them don't show in the plugin selector:

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.18.57 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Viveza 2 isn't there, nor is Silver Efex. Yet they are in the same folder as those that do show:

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.20.12 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Does anyone have any ideas about that?

I kept meaning to go ahead and get the new version of the Nik Collection while it was still at a discounted price for current users but never got around to it. In the past I have been burned by "trial" subscriptions/versions of software so now I either buy the software outright right from the beginning or I skip it altogether.

Not sure, but weren't Viveza and Silver Efex the two programs within the collection which were actually updated this time? Even so you still should be able to access what you have had previously since you'd saved everything. It could be that somehow DXO has set things up so that now only the current versions are useable within the DXO PhotoLab program?

The discount is still available.

I now find that the Nik Collection button is missing from the window in PL4. The only way I can edit an image in any of the Nik plugins is through the "Export image to application..." drop-down menu, even though I have "Display Nik Collection Plugin Selector Button" checked in Preferences.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
On a PC, I have to go under File/Automate and select the Nik Selection tool....... just a thought..........

Even though I paid for the upgrade and supposedly installed it, every time I open CEP it asks me to upgrade! LOL!

I may have the last free version. How can I tell?
Visit your account information at DxO. If you licensed a version from them, you would be able to download and install it again. If no paid versions of the Nik Collection are displayed in your account, you know you're using the free version acquired before DxO bought the technology from Google.

By the way, I seem to remember that you determined awhile back with great certainty that you had only the free version.

Last edited:
For the record: I licensed the Nik Collection Version 3 (not Version 4). Unexpectedly and inexplicably, the list of applications that used to automatically appear when I load Photoshop CC is no longer displayed beginning a week or so ago. That change might have occurred immediately after Photoshop was updated. I can still access the list by opening Photoshop's Filter menu, so I'm not concerned and don't want to spend any time figuring out how to get things working the way they're designed to work.

Last edited:
Jim,
I think you need to re-install your Nik collection, not just renaming the folder.
Installing will write info to the adobe folders for plug-ins and filters.

The discount is still available.

I now find that the Nik Collection button is missing from the window in PL4. The only way I can edit an image in any of the Nik plugins is through the "Export image to application..." drop-down menu, even though I have "Display Nik Collection Plugin Selector Button" checked in Preferences.

I've figured this out now.

Thank you, Jim, for mentioning that the discount is still available for the new NIK Collection 4! Earlier today I had shot something that I decided would look interesting in B&W and that reminded me to go ahead and finally update my NIK Collection. All done now, working fine, and I'm pleased so far! I decided that there was no particular reason that I should hang on to the earlier version so just simply let them remove it while they were installing the new updated software.

Latest threads

Top Bottom