Problem with Firmware Update

Decided I should do the firmware update on my D800 but when I select firmware in the camera I don't have the option to update. The instructions are to download and extract the new firmware but right clicking on the firmware on my computer doesn't give me that option either so I assumed it didn't need extraction. Sooo now what do I do?:frown:

NEVER MIND - Figured it out.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I just had to double click (on the PC) to open the folder. A new folder will be created. Then go to the new folder and you will see the file you need. Just copy to onto you CF or SD card...at the top level....not in any folder.

Then put the card in the D800, turn on the camera, and from the menu select firmware. The camera will detect the new firmware and ask if you want to install the new version. Just click OK.

Also, if you put the update on you SD card then you need to make it the primary slot or remove the CF card. I can,t remember exactly but I do remember having trouble related to that issue.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom