1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Problem with my Zeiss Ikoflex 1b

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by :Francis:, Jul 29, 2009.

1. :Francis:

:Francis:

Nov 30, 2008
    Norway
    My father in-law (soon to be) came by today with a camera he had inherited from his uncle - a Zeiss Ikoflex 1b with a Novar-Anastigma 75mm/3.5 lens.

The camera seems like it's hardly been used, and came with the instruction manual, leather case, lense hood and original Zeiss UV and yellow filters. There were also a few flashbulbs(!) in the box, but the flash unit itself wasn't there, so I won't be using them any time soon.

I followed the manual for loading the film (actually I didn't put any film in) to fire the shutter to see that everything was working. I got the shutter firing, and advanced through the "film" until I reached frame 12.
    I cocked the shutter, but it wouldn't let me fire it. The film winder has disengaged so that the counter isn't counting however much I turn it, and I can't manage to reset the counter and re-enable the counter to fire the shutter again.

The camera seems totally locked at frame 12 and I am at a loss as to what to do.

The slow shutter speeds and self timer were sticky, so I think the camera might need a CLA.

Does the jammed shutter/counter have anything to do with this, or is the problem I'm experiencing due to operator error?

Hope somebody with knowledge about Ikoflexes cam help me out :smile:.

Regards

Francis

2. RedTownCats

RedTownCats

Jun 23, 2007
    UK
    It'll be the last frame so... :Curved:

Not familiar with the camera but the sticking shutter will be a different problem.

If nobody here knows you could ask on http://www.apug.org/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.