Problem with "Save/Load" menu item on my Z6 -- SOLVED

Yesterday I loaded my settings from my XQD card but the settings weren't loaded properly. Some of the U1, U2, and U3 settings were messed up and none of my "My Menu" settings were loaded, which in effect removed all of my "My Menu" settings. So, I reconfigured the pertinent settings and saved them to the card again. Today I planned to test whether the settings would be properly loaded and now that menu item is inactive; I can neither save my settings to a memory card nor load them from a memory card.

Any ideas?

Format the card in the camera?

I forgot to mention that I have two memory cards, one that had been formatted in the camera immediately before trying to save the settings to it and one that had only the settings file stored on it. Both cards have always been formatted in the camera, nowhere else.

DRINKING TEAM, FRONT AND CENTER!

Yes, that would be helpful!

Darn! It was just yesterday that I learned and reported in a thread that the setting is unavailable when U1, U2, or U3 is set. But I already had forgotten about that. Sure enough, the camera was set to U1. That problem is solved.

Now I actually get to test if the settings file will properly load. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

The U1, U2 and U3 settings are proper and are the same as before I loaded the settings file. The "My Menu" settings are the same as before I loaded the settings file. However, I intentionally had removed one menu item before loading the file, and loading the file should have restored that setting but didn't.

The effect is the same as if the settings file actually wasn't loaded. The camera doesn't provide a confirmation that the settings file was actually loaded. Taking that and all of the above into account, I really do wonder if the settings file is being loaded.

Latest threads

Top Bottom