problem with View NX-i

I just downloaded view NX-i, (I had previously been using NX-2). When I load my pictures, I can see all the thumbnails but the EDIT icon is missing, the other three are there, but not the EDIT. Anybody else had this problem? Anybody solved it?
Thanks,
Gary

Thanks for the suggestion. I was using View NX-2 to make adjustments to jpeg images. I see that Capture NX-D only works with RAW images. Is there a program that still allows adjustments to jpeg's?
Gary

Don't know who told you that NX-D only does RAW files... It does do JPG as well...
Also I know when you load "NX-i" it removes "View NX-2", but once you have installed NX-i, you can then re-install "View NX-2" as well if you want.
But I think NX-D will do all you want that View NX-2 use to do...

Last edited:
But not all of the editing features are available for use with jpegs, certainly not as many as with NX-2. I read the HELP file and although I can't now remember the details, things like shadow protection, and contrast alterations were "grayed out" and not available.
However, I tried once more to re-download NX-2 and it seems to be working this time. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for all the responses.
Gary

But not all of the editing features are available for use with jpegs, certainly not as many as with NX-2.
The biggest difference between Capture NX-2 (pong discontinued) and any other editing software Nikon makes is that Capture NX-2 has control points (the others don't). I don't know whether you were referring to Capture NX-2 or View NX-2.

Last edited:
The biggest difference between Capture NX-2 (pong discontinued) and any other editing software Nikon makes is that Capture NX-2 has control points (the others don't). I don't know whether you were referring to Capture NX-2 or View NX-2.
Mike,

Apologies if I have misread your post, but are you deliberately discounting the Colour Control Points in Capture NX-D?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom